by D. Johnson
(Detroit, MI USA)
I have a dog that was diagnosed with breast cancer and told only had a few weeks left to live, maybe a few months. Since we know a lot about herbs, we tried some to treat cancer that we knew about and researched more. That was two years ago and our dog (now 19 years old) is still the terror of the pack (smile). Hopefully what we did will help others. Most of these can be found in health food stores.
We give her:
* AHCC (active hexose correlated compound) 1st thing in the morning on an empty stomach. One capsule for every 12 lbs of body weight or follow instructions and divide maximum dosage by your dogs weight. Open capsule and mix with a small amount of water.
* Blue Buffalo brand dog food because it has no animal fats. It is expensive, but homemade dog food recipes are also available online. Spray a small amount of refrigerated ORGANIC flax seed oil on the food.
* Also give your dog pet multi-vitamins every day.
* Shitake, Maitake, and Reishi mushroom capsules. After feeding 1/2 of the dog food, open the capsule and empty into water and shake to mix. Use any combination of two mushrooms for a month and alternate the combinations. Example: 1st month shitake and maitake, 2nd month maitake and reishi, 3rd month reishi and shitake.
* Propolis Plus extract, vitamin C powder, and liquid vitamin D. Put a few drops and small amount in water.
Hint: The AHCC gives the water a bitter taste. Give your dog a handful of food before bed and the dog will wake up very thirsty. Give your dog the AHCC in water and he/she will drink it up without hesitation.
Remember, don't over do the vitamins and herbs. Mushrooms can be mixed, but you might want to wait at least 1/2 hour between other herbs. Too much of some herbs can be just as bad as none as all. The trick is to get the immune system strong and keep it strong. Vitamins and the mushroom powders are good to keep the dogs cancer free also. I hope this helps and your dogs are in my prayers. Good Luck!
Comments for Herbs I use for my dog with cancer
Click here to add your own comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Cancer Forum.