Dog Jorja Has Lymphoma

Dog Jorja Has Lymphoma

by Caz Hardman
(Hayle, Cornwall, UK)

Jorja March 2013

Jorja March 2013

Jorja was confirmed as having intermediate grade lymphoma Monday just gone. She is 8 years old.

She had been on steroids for the week prior to confirmation and has been full of life.

We have decided to not go down the chemo/radiotherapy route for her sake.

I am studying all of the internet for alternative treatment, and I am frantically trying to get hold of flax oil, Essiac, and other items mentioned as holistic.

Jorja today has been off the steroids for 3 days now and today is the first day she is telling me that she is feeling unwell.

I have been feeding her raw mince for the last 3 days, that I get from my local butchers which up till today she has wolfed down. She has not touched her dinner tonight and is just lying down looking very sad.

I have managed today to get some Essiac Tea which I have to boil/cook tonight so she can have some tomorrow.

I am beside myself at the moment and wish I could take all the badness from her into me. That's what 'mummies' do, isn't it?

It is good to put this down on screen and to share my deepest hurting feelings.

Thank you.

(Submitted Thursday, August 15, 2013)

Comments for Dog Jorja Has Lymphoma

Average Rating starstarstarstarstar

Click here to add your own comments

Jun 30, 2021
Jujube has large lump in her prescapular node discovered 10 days ago
by: Anonymous

The Vet recommended to monitor her for the next several days, it has been 7 days since our pet visit, no other lymph noded have swollen that I can find, she is acting her normal self, eating well. I have changed her diet to all fresh food, meats, fish, etc., no dog food. I wanted to know people's experience in how long it took their dogs from time of diagnosis to having their dogs accumulate more tumors, etc. I will not seek chemotherapy for a number of reasons. Please let me know your comments.
The needle aspiration was inconclusive.

Sep 11, 2017
by: Diana

We took Alfie (who is 6 yrs old) to the vet at the end of December 2015 with a swelling under his neck, we were told to keep an eye on it for another week to see if it was an infection. It didn't go away so back to the vet for tests. A biopsy and removal of the left lymph gland revealed cancer, scans and blood tests followed we were told there was an A and a B type (the worst) and we had the B.

We were told he could have as little as 4 weeks with us.

We had 3 options, the first was to do nothing, not an option for us, the 2nd option was steroids in which case we may have 8 months or Chemotherapy. It was no contest chemo was the way we were going to go.

He went once every 3 weeks for 5 sessions. He tolerated the treatment well with no sickness although he went off his food for a while; treatment finished in June 2016.

He has been in remission since Jun, his tumours have grown quite slowly and the vets are so pleased with his progress.

He is due for his next check up in December and we are confident he will reach his 8th birthday in November. He is happy and still likes to play with his toys and loves his walks, although he gets tired, and he loves his food. We know he won't be cured but we are happy with the knowledge that we did everything we possibly could to have him with us for the longest possible time. We know the time will come so we continue to enjoy every minute we have.

Aug 19, 2013
So sorry to hear about Jorja
by: David


Am so very sorry to hear that Jorja has lymphoma.

I don't have any advice to offer I'm afraid - only the benefit of my own experiences with Spike, our German Shepherd, who I lost to acute myoloid leakaemia 10 days ago.

Whilst the pain of that loss is still very very raw, one thing that does give me personally a small crumb of comfort is knowing that I did the best thing for Spike, which was to ensure that he did not suffer. We found a referral to a canine oncologist was very, very worthwhile, not that it changed the outcome at all, but it did help clarify what we were dealing with, ensure that the treatment options were fully explored and that we made an informed decision that we can be confident was the right one for our situation. We too decided not to treat Spike because the treatment plan was too invasive. For me the time between diagnosis and making the toughest decision I've ever faced was very short - just 5 days, but Spike had a very aggressive illness, so please don't think I'm hinting that you will face the same timescales or outcome.

I really hope that you and Jorja enjoy many more days together.

With very best wishes,

Aug 16, 2013
Sent with love
by: Elaine Derbyshire

Hi so very sorry to hear that your baby is facing cancer.

I myself have had several dogs with the dreaded c.
Whatever path you choose we are all here to support you, there is no right or wrong way and no one judges. Just wanted to let you know that.
My heart breaks for you.

I lost my Spike nearly six weeks ago - he survived thyroid cancer but nine months later I had to cross him to the bridge with spinal issues as his pain was too great and was unable suddenly to move. My prayers are with you as you face this difficult journey. Please give you baby a gentle kiss from me.

Love and hugs to you all
Elaine and Hazy
Angels Sonny, Thorn, Benji and Spike

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Cancer Forum.

All Content Copyright © 2008-2024   |   Natural Dog Health Remedies   |   All rights reserved.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Checker